The following content is supplied by fellow Grant Park residents!
Within Walking Distance:
1. The Great American Grill: Right across the street! Inside of the Hilton Garden Inn! On-going “Good Neighbor” discounts for Grant Park Residents!
Restaurant and Bar Hours (times subject to change).
- Breakfast: Mon-Fri.6am-10am and Sat-Sun 7am-11am
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: Mon-Sun 5pm-9pm
- Bar: Mon-Sun 4pm-11pm.
2. Salsa a la Salsa: A fine Mexican restaurant at 1420 Nicollet. Modest prices, interesting menu, easy metered parking across the street if you don’t feel like walking.
3. Landmarc Grill at the Normandy Inn: The critics and those from Grant Park who have eaten there have been very impressed. Basically American comfort food.
4. Gianelli’s in the TCF Bank building, next to Taco John’s, has the best pizza nearby. They deliver to Grant Park. Check out a slice for lunch and see if you don’t agree; it’s real east coast style pizza.
5. Looking for a quieter spot for a cocktail then try the M&S Grill at Nicollet and 6th St. It’s a sister restaurant to McCormick and Schmicks, but it’s a lot more subdued, even at happy hour. You can actually hear yourself talk here.
A Little Further Afield:
1. Maria’s Cafe, on Franklin just east of 11th Ave., in the Ancient Trader’s Market, has won awards for Best Breakfast, Best Salsa, and Best Pancakes! A blend of South and North American. Open only for breakfast and lunch, it’s a nice alternative to Hell’s Kitchen. Check out the outdoor patio on a sunny day.
2. For Authentic Chinese, I don’t think you can beat Yummy, at Nicollet and about 25th St. It has items on its menu you won’t see anywhere else in the Twin Cities. Many interesting seafood dishes; live fish tanks. Beer and wine available. Reasonable prices.
3. Holy Land Deli is a fixture at Central and Lowry, NE. Buffet daily at lunch and some evenings has a nice rotation of items. Great spot for vegetarians. Gyros and great hummus always available – Falafel usually. The adjoining middle eastern market has a huge selection of anything you might need in the middle eastern genre. Also a Halal butcher shop where you can get lamb, goat and camel!? Wonderful selection of breads, olives, etc. Holy Land now has an annex operation at the new…
4. Midtown Global Market at Chicago and Lake. If you haven’t visited this location yet, it’s a wonderful experience with a myriad of ethnic restaurants. I’ll say no more — just go!
Best Happy Hour!
The Cue has a great happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. Decent wine by the glass at $5 and a good bar menu. Try out the Cue Bar Burger, the Spinach Artichoke Dip and, in particular, the Polenta Fries!
Tuesday – Friday – 3 – 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to close
Saturday – 10 p.m. to close
Sunday – 3 – 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to close
Monday – closed
Cue bar menu specials during all happy hours!